05 May 2007

Day 11 of 365 Pow Wow May 5 2007

Gratitude today: I am grateful for the beautiful weather and to this gentleman and a few others for letting me take thier photos. I am grateful to have the chance to observe the beautiful dancing today and for all of the nice people we met. I look forward to my next pow wow.

This gentleman was very gracious to let me photograph him. I am in need of much practice photographing people - but I was inspired by this excellent photographer whose work I saw at the Brookside art fair last night. I never get the lighting or setting right with people - becuase I feel so shy about the whole business.

It was quite warm today - and we were outside all afternoon so I am quite tired. I can only imagine all of the dancers in full regalia must be so tired and hot. I really enjoyed seeing the dances though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Examen - things to consider each day

1. Express Gratitude 2. Petition for light (see self & ohters in God's eyes, ask to see the role only I can play) 3. Review the day: look at day's actions, omissions, thoughts & desires what does this tell me aobut myself in relation to self, others, God, the world 4. Lift out something & ask for help 5. look ahead - how do I want to carry on (today - the rest of my life what / who do I want to be master of my life? what are my core values? )