02 May 2007

Day 8 Wed May 2 tree reflection On workdays my world is very small

Today I visited grandparents briefly before work - it's nice to have time to do that - even if only for an hour or so. Wednesdays I go in at 1 so I can visit or do chores and such in the morning. While I don't like having a different schedule or working late -the Wednesday mornings will be missed when I go to days.

I heard an interview with Ann Quindln on the radio this morning - I really am ashamed that I have not read any of her books - I must remedy that when I finish my 2 main knitting projects. She was giving a talk at a local church tonight -I wish I could have gone. I'm definitely putting her on my summer reading list.

Ok I just relaized htat (1) this is posting really small - you can make the photo out much better on flickr. & (2) the comments I've written under my photo don't post - which mean my gratitudes don't show up. So -starting today I'll remedy that.

"GRATITUDE: I'm grateful I could help hubby with something tonight as he does so much for me. AND I'm grateful for the feel of the weather today.
I love the feel and smell right after a late afternoon rain. It's not muggy like a daytime rain -its cool and the breeze lifts the scent and feel of water to my skin in a gentle carress, carrying me elsewhere for a few short moments, reminding me how an evening by the sea would feel. Thank you for the cool treat, summer rain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily Examen - things to consider each day

1. Express Gratitude 2. Petition for light (see self & ohters in God's eyes, ask to see the role only I can play) 3. Review the day: look at day's actions, omissions, thoughts & desires what does this tell me aobut myself in relation to self, others, God, the world 4. Lift out something & ask for help 5. look ahead - how do I want to carry on (today - the rest of my life what / who do I want to be master of my life? what are my core values? )